Thursday, October 27, 2016

Cover Crush: A Column of Fire by Ken Follett

We all know we shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but in today's increasingly competitive market, a memorable jacket can make or break sales.

I am not a professional, but I am a consumer and much as I loath admitting it, jacket design is one of the first things I notice when browsing the shelves at Goodreads and Amazon. My love of cover art is what inspired Cover Crush, a weekly post dedicated to those prints that have captured my attention and/or piqued my interest. Enjoy!

═══════════════════════════ ❧  ═══════════════════════════


Chances are you've seen Ken Follet's latest cover trending social media. The author has a large fan base and readers are understandably excited about A Column of Fire, but truth be told, I'd have featured this cover at Flashlight Commentary with anyone's name on it. I mean no offense, but I love the faded layers and the burn mark on the image. The intriguing image plays with the imagination in ways that are hard to ignore and practically begs the reader to unlock the secrets it conceals. 

═══════════════════════════ ❧  ═══════════════════════════

Did this week's cover catch your eye? Do you have an opinion you'd like to share? Please leave a comment below. I'd love to hear from you!

INTERESTED IN SEEING MORE?
CHECK OUT WHAT MY FRIENDS HAVE BOOKMARKED:

Magdalena at A Bookaholic Swede
Holly at 2 Kids are Tired
Stephanie at Layered Pages
Heather at The Maiden's Court

1 comment:

Stephanie - Bookfever said...

I bet this cover is even more gorgeous in real life!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...