Thursday, August 3, 2017

Cover Crush: The Scent of Death by Andrew Taylor

We all know we shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but in today's increasingly competitive market, a memorable jacket can make or break sales.

I am not a professional, but I am a consumer and much as I loath admitting it, jacket design is one of the first things I notice when browsing the shelves at Goodreads and Amazon. My love of cover art is what inspired Cover Crush, a weekly post dedicated to those prints that have captured my attention and/or piqued my interest. Enjoy!

═══════════════════════════ ❧  ═══════════════════════════


The designer behind Andrew Taylor's The Scent of Death is an absolutely genius. Lone figures walking into the backdrop are pretty standard fare as far as thrillers are concerned, but the scroll of the iron fence creates both depth and intrigue. Can't wait to get my hands on this one!

═══════════════════════════ ❧  ═══════════════════════════

Did this week's cover catch your eye? Do you have an opinion you'd like to share? Please leave a comment below. I'd love to hear from you!

INTERESTED IN SEEING MORE?
CHECK OUT WHAT MY FRIENDS HAVE BOOKMARKED:

Magdalena at A Bookaholic Swede
Colleen at A Literary Vacation
Heather at The Maiden's Court
Holly at 2 Kids and Tired
Meghan at Of Quills & Vellum
Stephanie at Layered Pages


1 comment:

Ann C said...

While looking around for ideas to submit to my publisher for a future cover, this one caught my eye. The concept could be used as inspiration for books that fall into different genres. It's bold, imaginative, and bright. Definitely invites attention.

Ann Howard Creel

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...