Thursday, November 9, 2017

#CoverCrush: Tochter des Flusses by Dana Graham

We all know we shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but in today's increasingly competitive market, a memorable jacket can make or break sales.

I am not a publishing professional, but I am a consumer and much as I loath admitting it, jacket design is one of the first things I notice when browsing. This appreciation for cover art is what inspired Cover Crush, a weekly post dedicated to those images that have captured my attention and/or piqued my interest. Enjoy!

═══════════════════════════ ❧  ═══════════════════════════
An incredible gift.
A dangerous love.
A truth, greater than the legend.

Orphaned in a pirate attack, Leana comes under the care of the Landgrave, who raises her like a daughter in her own right. But years later, when he wants to send her to a monastery against her will, Leana flees. In the ruins of a legendary moated castle, she meets a stranger who fascinates her from the first moment: Jargo, a man from the mysterious river people. But the encounter is no coincidence. Old secrets lead Jargo into the moated castle - secrets that are inseparably interwoven with Leana's fate.

On Jargo's side, Leana uncovers her true origins and begins to fight: Not only against dark forces and a web of lies and hatred, but also for her love for Jargo ...
═══════════════════════════ ❧  ═══════════════════════════

The cover of Tochter des Flusses by Dana Graham makes me want to learn German. The book, which in English would be called Daughter of the River, is to the best of my knowledge not available in any other language, but that doesn't stop me from appreciating the cover design. Everything about this one works for me. The colors and the layering are absolutely flawless and I adore how the title is framed be the other elements of the composition.

═══════════════════════════ ❧  ═══════════════════════════

Did this week's cover catch your eye? Do you have an opinion you'd like to share? Please leave a comment below. I'd love to hear from you!

INTERESTED IN SEEING MORE?
CHECK OUT WHAT MY FRIENDS HAVE BOOKMARKED:

Magdalena at A Bookaholic Swede
Colleen at A Literary Vacation
Heather at The Maiden's Court
Holly at 2 Kids and Tired
Meghan at Of Quills & Vellum
Stephanie at Layered Pages

No comments: